BECOMING A GRANDMOTHER HAS SOME SIMILARITIES TO FINDING THE PERFECT HOUSE!

I'm sure anyone who has looked at any number of houses when trying to select a new home feels when they find that "needle in a haystack", the perfect home, with all the bells and whistles you've been looking for, at the perfect price.  Well becoming a grandmother is similar to that feeling, but better!

Becoming a grandmother is something I have always wished for.  Growing up, my grandmother was my life.  She was the glue that "tried ever so diligently" to keep everything and everyone bound together.  I thought the sun rose and set in her, and I knew I had big shoes to fill as soon as she passed away and I found out I would be having a grandbaby.  I thought of how much I love my adult children and thought "This is going to be awesome!  I will be adding people to love like I love my children".  Well, was I wrong.  This is a very different type of love.  It's hard to explain, but it's a more relaxed love.  Not so much anxiety of wondering if I was going to be a good parent, if I would know what to do and say, If I was going to "do things right?"  As we anxiously awaited my first grandbaby, I was full of an abundance of emotions.  What would he look like?  Would he be healthy?  Would he cry all the time?  How would my son and daughter-in-law be as parents?  The questions in my mind just went on, and on.


The day my daughter-in-law told me I could be in the room, was so special to me.  I had 3 C-Sections, so I had never experienced the "delivery room" excitement.  First of all, that in itself was FANTASTIC.  Not uncomfortable, gross or anything I had thought it might be.  To be in the room, and witness a birth is simply magical.  As soon as my grandbaby was born, all of us began to cry.  Not sure if it was relief, pure excitement, thankfulness or just simply the magic of a baby being born.  But this was a special moment, I will never forget.





It's now been 4 weeks and endless hours of starring at this "Tiny Might", as his Dad calls him; just being so content and overflowing with love and emotion.  I've wondered many times, how I'm even going to work again.  I could hold him and snuggle him all day.  He consumes my every thought and I cannot wait until to go visit him.  Yes, I still go daily and cannot wait to move on the same land in a month or two.  Not to mention when he's older and we can go on adventures, play in the yard, feed the ducks or the day when he knocks on my door and wants to play.    

I always tell my clients, that buying a house is a feeling, more than an action.  When you walk in and can "feel" yourself living in that home?  Well, being a grandmother is definitely a "feeling"... and it's a feeling I'm so thankful I get to experience.

Comments

Popular Posts